It’s a concept extremely suitable for the production of signs and stickers: window displays, labels, vinyl stickers, vehicle graphics, car stickers, point of purchase, packaging, funny bumper stickers, safety signs, billboards, … Mutoh just made contour cutting easy!
Other manufacturers often offer you a single-device print & cut solution (Printer/Cutters). Mutoh resolutely does not! Mutoh has re-thought this workflow, considering all possible steps, the typical machine requirements and the total ease of use.
Mutoh offers you a unique ‘Print & Cut’ concept, a balanced method of working for full-colour sticker and signs production consisting of a Mutoh ValueCut (contour) cutter (or the SummaCut) & a (Mutoh or not) printer.
Mutoh’s contour cut workflow : step-by-step
Here is how it works:
- Sticker design comes in from a foreign (CorelDRAW®, Illustrator®, …) design package or is created in Mutoh’s workflow software.
- The stickers are printed
- After printing, the operator can choose to build-in a drying time, to laminate or to immediately cut the stickers.
- The printed stickers (roll or sheet) (front or backside first) are loaded into the ValueCut and the signal is given to start the job.
- The ValueCut uses the preprinted reference box to exactly position, scale and skew the vector data and accurately contour-cuts the stickers.
Unique features of Mutoh’s dual-device Print & Cut solution
Mutoh’s high-performance print & cut solution bundle does not eat up hours for printing & cutting. It’s a dual-device solution! You can (contour) cut & print on two units simultaneously, full-time!
Printing and contour cutting with Mutoh equipment is e.g. possible when combining Mutoh’s ValueCut 600 and the ValueJet 1324 outdoor printer. With this productivity combo, you will not only be able to print & cut SIMULTANEOUSLY, but you will moreover have a cheaper and more functional solution compared to hybrid print & cut solutions !
By means of the specially developed Print & Cut workflow software you can create, RIP, print, cut, contour-cut and print & cut from one software package.
Why Mutoh chooses for a dual-device Print & Cut solution?
A printer and a cutter have a different economic life-cycle. Whereas the average economic life-cycle of a printer is 3 to 5 years, a cutter can be used up to 10 years. Combining both units in one integrated machine will drastically reduce the functionality of the cutter.
Moreover, when taking a closer look at the user-friendliness of a single-device solution, there are some practical inconveniences.
Firstly, after printing your stickers on self-adhesive media, you will often let them dry out and stabilize to avoid shrink behaviour. Maybe you will even laminate them. Only a couple of hours later, you can cut the stickers, meaning that in the meantime your single device solution can’t be used for any other job. This also implies that constant oversight is necessary.
Moreover, the cutting part is an operation that has very little in common with the printing operation:
- You do not want the machine’s transport wheels to run all over the printed stickers.
- The time to cut the stickers is usually less than needed to print them.
Therefore, Mutoh built a Print & Cut workflow without compromises and where one operation does not fractionize nor slow down the other (related) operation.
For optimum user-friendliness, Mutoh defined a workflow that will practically reduce operator errors to zero!
Why should you consider Mutoh’s dual-device Print & Cut concept?
- Two devices for a lower price than an integrated print & cut device
- Printing and cutting at the same time
- No shrinking of stickers – time to let the output dry
- Reliable contour cutting with a unique job recognition feature
- Ready for any contour cutting software
- The multi-purpose ValueCut cutting plotter can be bundled with any Mutoh (or not) large-format printer.
- No constant oversight required.